As I pour over our spreadsheets and calendars and dream about the day when we are out of debt, I begin to ponder what we will do at that point. What will the future hold for us?We've talked about relocating to another part of the country. I suppose if we save up enough money, we'd be able to move anywhere. There's an excitement in exploring a different place and finding a new home!
My career is a good one, but to be honest, I'm not in love with it. I think that's the case with many people. Often, life just "happens" (kids, houses, cars, bills, etc) and you get kinda "stuck" doing the same old, same old.
I'm thinking of something different. I don't think it's a bad thing to re-assess your life path and try something new that may be a better fit. Something that you have a passion for! It thrills me to think that I could start something new, something different. It also scares the crap out of me!
As I've mentioned before, I love film. I'd love to work in the film industry, do something behind the scenes. I know that I'd have to take a big pay cut and start at the bottom, but I think I'd be willing to do that. I also enjoy baking. I can see myself going to culinary school and taking baking classes and see where that takes me. Just the idea, that I have the FREEDOM to explore different options is liberating. Just thinking about it puts a smile on my face :)
It's a good thing I have a year to ponder all these different options! I'll need it, so I can do all the research I need to so I feel confident in that next step... whatever it may be!
Question : Have you ever taken the leap and changed careers? If you could change your career, would you? What would you do instead?
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar