Selasa, 24 Mei 2011

So What If My Fridge Is Empty?

The other night a friend stopped by after work because she was going through some personal turmoil and needed someone to talk to. She came over with a bottle of wine and as she went to go put it in the fridge she was astonished that we had so little in there and actually made a couple of comments about how empty our fridge was and how my hubby and I are living a bachelor lifestyle!

First, I wanted to say, "Get the eff out of my fridge, biaaatch!" But given the turmoil she was going through, I decided I should be nice. Her comment bothered me though. I didn't feel as though I owed her an explanation, but we have a certain amount budgeted each week for food and we are staying within that budget. Why have a fridge full of food, when we end up throwing 40% of it away most of the time anyway? We are not hungry. We're not longing for more food. We are happy and living within our means.

I guess people just have a picture in their mind as to how things should be - a FULL fridge of food (for just 2 people), a NEW car, a POOL in the backyard, expensive JEWELRY, etc. Well, that picture doesn't work for me. I'm recreating what I think things should look like, for me. If people don't like it, then can kiss off. I'm not here to worry about keeping up with the Joneses.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar