So, I've been struggling with something lately. This past weekend was our 6 month anniversary. (No, we're not one of those couples that celebrate every month, I just happened to notice.) In the back of my mind, I keep thinking that we'll go back to Mexico to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. Lately however - I've started to feel a little guilty about the idea of planning a vacation while we're in debt...See our budget works like this, basically I get paid every 2 weeks and one of my checks goes to our debt and one goes to our rent and other bills. My hubby gets paid weekly and that's the money we live off of for food, gas, and other misc. items. Although I've budgeted for 24 paychecks, I'll actually receive 26. I was hoping we could use the other two checks on things for us. We could plan a fully "paid in cash" vacation with these checks!
I'm of the mindset that you need to budget in some fun stuff along the way or else you'll go crazy. I work better and I'm more productive when I have something enjoyable to look forward to and as much as being debt free is a great goal to work towards... Mama needs a little vaca once in a while! Even with these little trips planned along the way, we're still on target to get out of credit card debt by December 2012. Sure, it could be a few months sooner if we skipped the trips, but I don't think we should. What do you think?
Question : Do you think it's wrong to vacation while you are in debt? Should 100% of your money go towards debt repayment and vacations and fun stuff be put on hold until you are completely debt free?
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar