Selasa, 15 Februari 2011

Frozen Credit Cards?

Has anyone heard the advice that you should take the credit cards out of your wallet and instead of cutting them up, put them in the freezer and freeze them? I've heard of this trick and in theory, I think it's a great idea. I just can't get myself to do it!

I start to imagine all of the possible bad things that could happen and how I wouldn't have a credit card handy to help me get out of mess. Realistically, I know the chances of anything majorly wrong happening are pretty slim, but I just can't seem to get the courage up to do it.

As I write that down, I realize how silly it sounds. Honestly, what's the worst that could happen? I could be far from home and stranded on the side of the road, needing help. Well, I have AAA and they could tow me home. At least, I have AAA until March anyway. Then I believe my car came with some plan to help you if you're stranded. If so, that gets rid of that worry.

Anything else I may encounter is probably something minor that I could handle and I shouldn't be using my card for anyway, right?

Question : Have you frozen any of your credit cards? Did you have to unfreeze them for any reason or were you able to keep them frozen? Do you think this is a useful trick to keep the temptation to use your cards at bay?

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar