Senin, 22 November 2010

A new way of thinking...

I'm changing. In the past, I would just go out and buy something when I wanted it. It didn't matter if it was an hour out of the way, if I wanted to get something, I got it. Now, not only do I not buy it on impulse, but I'm also not going to spend my gas money or put miles on the new car, just to get it!

I received a gift card to Nordstrom for my wedding. I don't shop there so I wasn't sure what I'd be able to use it on. My only knowledge of the store is that it's pretty costly. I looked online and found out that they sell some lip gloss that I love - score! I ran out of it about 2 weeks ago and wanted to get a replacement, but at $18 there was no way I was going to pay for it out of pocket.

Unfortunately only certain Nordstrom locations carried it so I was stuck either shipping it (at a ridiculous price) or driving 30 minutes out of my way to get it at the store. Although I wanted it LIKE YESTERDAY, I didn't really NEED to have it. So, I waited (patiently) until we were already in the area for something else and I picked it up with the gift card. I know it sounds minor, but this is progress for me :) I think many of us have gotten into our current situations because we make too many rash, unplanned for purchases. It's a process to change your way of thinking and I just took a step in the right direction. Yayyy me!

Question : What little steps have you taken in your get out of debt journey that you are proud of?

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar