Jumat, 19 November 2010

The Good News

Jesus only loves the white children.
Tuesday: wrote a 1700-word story, stylistically Benderesque.  Different vibe from what I usually do, but maybe that's good, maybe that will spark something.  In grad school, I tended toward straightforward storytelling---one or two settings, one present moment, not much innovation re: structure.  Which is fine, I was learning then, but now it's time to break out a little, try new things.  I've got some other shit in the works---we'll see how that goes. 


Also, sparked by poets Albert Goldbarth and Dean Young, I've been working on new & old poems.  Lots of writing, plus a little job-searching & reading.  I've hardly left the apartment in the last two weeks except to grocery shop, and only twice have I left the neighborhood (once to buy a beard trimmer---yes, the hippie fur has been tamed).  So the blog reports of adventures, the tourist sights and travel bits, have dropped off.  Sorry.



San Telmistico party tonight.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar