For some reason, one unknown to me, Australian Scream fans have gotten a look at an official teaser trailer of sorts for Scream 4 before anyone else in the world. This ain't some video filmed on a mobile phone at an awards show with screaming audiences in the background, it is an actual HQ trailer that the studio has released. Now, it's an exclusive look over at YourMovies.com.au so anybody who is not located in this lovely country of mine shouldn't bother (although I've since heard that UK residents can also view it so maybe it's not so country locked).A decent medium quality version has shown up on YouTube, which you can watch below, and I would certainly rather watch it on there than the constantly buffering (ugh, is "buffering" not one of the worst things about the internet?) video player that the YourMovies website uses.
This teaser goes much more into the Scream traditions that we know and love. Rory Culkin and Erik Knudsen seem to be doing their best Randy Meeks and explaining the rules to a classroom (that include Sidney Prescott!) and, it appears, virgins can die and death scenes must be "way more extreme" (which I guess is different to "much more elaborate", one of Randy's rules from Scream 2). We also get to see more of the banter than the franchise is known for. I particularly like that dialogue exchange at the end "It's for you."
And, look,
If I have one complaint (okay, too) it's that, firstly, Gale's big moment of "Go ahead if you've got the guts" was such an awesome way to end any footage. Secondly, this whole "version 2.0"/"next step is psycho slasher innovation" is a bit silly, no? I thought we'd gotten past this whole reality TV-in-horror stuff. Hopefully its utilised a bit better here than, say, Halloween: Resurrection (not that that should be at all hard).
The big nagging question at the end of all of this though is... who is that falling on the news van during the press conference? That looks like a doozy of a way to go!
By the way, I am perfectly aware that I am talking about this movie too much, but what can I say? I'm a Scream fanboy of the highest order. This is my Scott Pilgrim or Batman. Be like Mandy Moore and learn how to deal!
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar